Adult in the room?
More like drunk racist uncle.
Hup one-two, Kelly.
The Grifter used to say how much he loved his generals. He will need to make that singular now. This is how they have fared:
* General Jim Mattis is still around despite advising the Grifter not to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal. Advice eventually ignored. He has cited climate change as a national security threat. Guess Grifter overlooked that because he likes being associated with someone whose nickname is Mad Dog, even though Mattis hates to be called that.
* Lt. General Michael Flynn. Fired after three weeks. Wonder what he has been up to lately? Anyone?
* Lt. General H. R. McMaster raised questions about the Grifter’s decisions on key foreign policy issues. Bye-bye.
* General Kelly was Trump’s first Secretary of Homeland Security. He was chosen as White House Chief of Staff in July 2017. On December 7, 2018, various news outlets said that Kelly was expected to resign in coming days. Not so slow, General Kelly. Grifter announced on December 8 Kelly would be leaving at the end of 2018.
Thank you for your service prior to coming to the White House, General Kelly. Like most Americans. I really do not have a grasp of what it is you were sent to do, had to endure, and how you did it. I do know that you most likely faced incredible danger, had to make quick life and death decisions and were responsible for helping others in their missions. I also know you lost a son, who was killed in action in Afghanistan. I have great empathy for your loss.
At the same time, I have great disgust for many of your actions at the White House:
* Called Congresswoman Frederica Wilson “the empty barrel that makes the most noise”. This was tied to Congresswoman Wilson’s defense of a widow of a slain U.S soldier who felt slighted by the President’s sympathy call to her. Kelly went on to accuse Wilson of claiming credit for an FBI building in her district. When he was shown evidence that was not true, he said he would never apologize.
* Claimed that the cause of the Civil War was “the lack of the ability to compromise.” Nothing about slavery. And he praised Robert E. Lee as an “honorable man.” Guess he forgot that the killing in Charlottesville, VA, of Heather Heyer was a result of some of Grifter’s fine, fine people protesting the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue.
* Stated that “some” would say that enrollment in DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) was less than expected because “they were too lazy to get off their asses." Like the Grifter’s common usage of “many are saying” about anything he is spewing about.
* Lied about when he knew about the reports of domestic abuse by White House staff secretary Rob Porter. He also had promoted Porter when he had definite knowledge of the allegations.
Congresswoman Wilson, DACA enrollees, slavery in one column. Robert E. Lee and Rob Porter in another column. Hmmm, any differences between the two groups?
General Kelly, I often picture you with your head down frequently covered with your hands in embarrassment:
When you finally leave, my head will be high, and my hands will be clapping.